Northern European CLD Summits

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Private & Public User Events - Messaging Framework

Hi all,

Here's my Private & Public User Events Messaging Framework (inc demo code) that I presented at the CLD Summit last Tuesday.

Thanks to Mike Bailey and NI UK for allowing me to deliver this content.

As stated during my presentation this framework was originally inspired by JKI Private & Public Users Events presented at the CLA Summit 2011 so I would urge you to dig that out form the JKI blog page, pitty there's no recording of that presnetation as Justin Goeres did a much better job than I did !!!

The changes I made all centre around the Event Reference Lifetime Ownership and the creation of an Initialise Process.vi which returns the Public Events of the launched module.

Anyway if anyone has any questions or issues with the slides or demo's (or just wants to talk LabVIEW) then drop me a line at roebuckchris@hotmail.com

Posted in 2013 but may be able to back save if anyone needs them.

Best Regards

Chris

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,948 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: Private & Public User Events - Messaging Framework

Thanks Chris,

I hope you don't mind but I've converted it to LV2010. The SQLite toolkit does not work with LV2010 so the Access Scope library cannot be run.

The rest works so will have a go at understanding it this evening and tomorrow.

I can't upload here so can email the converted files if you want.

Cheers,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,443 Views)

Greg,

I think if you check LAVAG I'm pretty sure (like 70%) that James back saved the toolkit for LV 2010 or 2011 , might be worth a quick look.

Are you able to post the back save demo files (or mail to me and I'll post them)

Chris

Don't forget to give Kudo's for a good answer !

LabVIEW Champion
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,443 Views)

I had a look and can't seem to find a backdated version. I downloaded all the previous versions and none seem to work with 2010. I have 2013 on my laptop so just have an issue at work where they are still using 2010. I am sure I have used it on an older version so will have a look at my downloads later this evening.

I also did a search in VIPM and it couldn't find the package. I could be searching wrong, anything is possible.

It doesn't look like I can upload the files here so will email them to you.

Cheers,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,443 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.