North Oakland County LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVN-8561 with XNET

Guys,

Im starting in the auto Ethernet world, got budget to buy an IVN-8561. Does anyone of you has experience with auto Ethernet in XNET? 

By checking the XNET 20.0 help, I see that XNET now supports auto Ethernet but it only supports few PXIe cards (e.g. PXIe-8521). I looked in the forums but couldn't find anything.

Here are my questions:

1. How does the IVN-8561 interacts with an XNET session? Or is it just a media converter that requires pure VISA connection?
  2. I see the IVN-8561 has a USB type C port. Is that only for power input or it also serves for XNET configuration and device identification?
  3. Does NI has any plans to extend XNET auto Ethernet support for older versions of LabVIEW, example 2015?

Probably, the last question is for NI.

Thanks.

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Hi,

So I called tech support with these questions. The IVN-8561 is just a media converter and does not use XNET, just regular TCP/IP G code. Ethernet support on XNET starts from 18.5 and will not support older versions of LabVIEW.

Here's the KB for the IVN-8561:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kFioSAE&l=en-US

Luis CT
Message 2 of 4
(2,518 Views)

Hi Luis

Thanks for your information, did you finally got the 8561 and setup your source code by labview?

I am a little confused, you mean the 8561 do not need the X-net,  just regular TCP/IP G code. What do it mean?

Just use the standard Ethernet function, but they should be used as RJ45.

Now I have a project need 100Base T1 ethernet, I also want to choose the 8561. So what should I do?

Is there some standard function in the Labview library?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,163 Views)

Luis , You can use WinPCap LabVIEW drivers by installing PCAP driver in your PC. This helps you to communicate with 8561 media converter card to read/write the data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,684 Views)