Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find Technical data?

Hi, I need to know at which sample rate the Analog inputs can operate?

Need to sample and process two 5MHz signals,

so need a sample rate of at least 25MSPL 2 channels, is this possible with the EVAL board?

I can find input specifications of the Ain channels, but no sample rate.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(15,376 Views)

I think the technical specs you are look for on the sbRIO-9623 are on page 49 here https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/sbrio-9605-9606-9623-9626-9633-9636-seri/resource/373378d.pdf.

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(10,439 Views)

Thank you,

500KSPL only...

New question, is there an board that can be stacked on the EVAL board with a high speed ADC?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,439 Views)

Thanks for the question!  The Eval board is actually an sbRIO-9636, so we can find the specifications you are looking for on its product page.  If you need more detailed information, you can of course look in the product manual.

To answer your question directly, unfortunately you will not be able to sample that fast.  The sbRIO-9636 has a maximum analog sample rate of 200 KS/s.

Best,

Jeff S

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,439 Views)

DaanS,

Could you share a little bit of information on your project? Why are you trying to achieve such a high sample rate?

There isn't an easy solution available for that.  It sounds like you are looking for something like the NI 9683, but that is NOT compatible with the sbRIO-9636, as it does not have an RMC connector.  Also, it has a slower sample rate, so it still would not help you.

You could build your own daughter card (with a higher speed ADC) to attach to the sbRIO-9636's digital lines, but there is not one available.

Best,

Jeff S

Jeff S.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 11
(10,439 Views)

I would use it for Doppler effect signal processing.

Ill look further.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,439 Views)

on the same topic, I want to find the schematics of the eval kit if possible, there are more knobs and switches on the board that are not mentioned in tutorial and I would like to build a demo with access to more features and/or pins.

if the schemaitc is not available for any reason, a signal mapping diagram or sheet will work (what FPGA signal is connected to what EVAL module feature)

Really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,439 Views)

Hi Bakr,

Here's the pinout for the baseboard sbRIO-9636 50-pin connectors (J502 and J503): https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/375933a/resource/375933a.pdf

I've posted the daughter card pins for the analog/digital elements here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Next-Steps-LabVIEW-RIO/Daughter-Card-Analog-and-Digital-I-O-Detail/td-p/352...

Hope this helps!

Deborah

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 8 of 11
(10,439 Views)

This helps tromendeously, really appreciate it.

by the way, do you know of any good examples for analog output on sb_rio boards ? I have been stricking out on the ni.com, unless you can tell me that I can use the cRIO examples (maybe ?)

again,

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,439 Views)

Hi Bakr,

You can indeed copy cRIO FPGA examples, the programming concepts are the same, you just need to swap in your sbRIO for the cRIO in the LabVIEW project, and then replace the cRIO's I/O nodes in the code with the proper I/O nodes from your sbRIO.

We've got some getting started videos that cover concepts like this, please watch video 3 here to help build an Analog example from scratch: Getting Started with LabVIEW FPGA

Hope this helps!

Deborah

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,439 Views)