Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is included in my evaluation kit?

• Board-level NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) evaluation device
  • Evaluation daughter board for easy I/O interfacing (Analog and Digital I/O Detail)
  • DVD with 90-day extended evaluation of LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA Module, and LabVIEW Real-Time Module (starting from the day you install, not purchase)
    • Evaluation Setup Utility.exe
    • Tutorials for both LabVIEW Real-Time and C++ Real-Time development
  • USB Host-to-Host cable for easy getting started (emulates an Ethernet connection, where the kit is a fixed IP Adddress, 172.22.11.2, and your PC is 172.22.11.1)
  • Ethernet Cable
  • NI Screwdriver
  • Power supply with international connectors
  • Small speaker, which is utilized in the tutorial
  • Wires for prototyping
  • 90 day trial of the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud Service
    • Free Xilinx Compilation Tools DVD included in box for you to install if local compilation is preferred
  • 30 day trial of NI Technical Support
Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1 of 3
(5,722 Views)

I need a replacement power supply.  Do you know the connector part number?  And also the details of the power supply?

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,251 Views)

@Alancl1 wrote:

I need a replacement power supply.  Do you know the connector part number?  And also the details of the power supply? 

The input voltage is printed on the front (IIRC it was 24V DC ... dont have an crio here anymore - dropped NI from our supplier list), so quite any configurable supply from the supermarket will do.

By the way: crio's are *ONLY* usable when programming via LV, but *NOT* as a generic Linux machine, running your own Linux applications. There are no drivers for the cards (not even for the backplane) - everything that speaks to the HW is generated by LV, large parts (especially lowlevel suff) is put into the fpga. There just isn't any stable interface that anybody could write drivers for (that's why we banned NI from our supplier list and buy the about 10k units somewhere else).

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,072 Views)