Next Steps - LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem - real time application with shared variables

Well, I am quite a newbee with LV RT and FPGA.

I have been following the evaluation kit great tutorials and tried to implement some code of my own.

Everything went fine. I was able to deploy my real-time application and it worked fine.

However when I tried using shared variables. It looks like the deployment wasn't successful. I did not get any error message. But the real time program (startup.rtexe) is not running!

When I remove all shared variables from logic and repeat deployment (Build->deploy->run at startup->reboot) it works like a charm!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,137 Views)

Hi Hazkel,

I'm glad to hear the tutorials went well and you're starting to experiment a bit. Here's a few shared variable items to review, it's likely a setup issue in the application buider or needing to deploy the library specifically.

Is your shared variable library hosted on the target (meaning it's under the LabVIEW RIO eval kit in your project, instead of under the My computer tree hierarchy)

Please review these two articles:

Please post if you have continued issues after these troubleshooting steps!

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,039 Views)

Hi Deborah and thanks for the reply!

I will have a look at both the linkes you have posted.

I attach some screens from my project. I am quite sure the shared variable library is in corect place.

(However - it is hosted under the target but not under FPGA target - could this be the problem?)

I have some other thoughts triggered by a different issue - I had a huge amount of trouble(and frustration..) implementing serial communication with the Evaluation platform. (RS-232)

Eventually (and thanks to this forum...) I realized that I had to install VISA drivers on the real time platform. . These drivers were not configured to be installed by  default in the evaluation kit installation

Could it be I am missing some additional installation, that influence shared varabels performace? I attach a screen-shot of current software installed on the RIO platform.

Hazkel

Capture1.PNG

Capture5.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,039 Views)

Confirming based on your screenshots that the variable library is properly hosted on the real-time processor and you have the correct software support installed (Variable client support and network variable engine).

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,039 Views)