cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Multisim Wins (2 AWARDS) at APEX!

Bhavesh
NI Employee (retired)

Hello All,

It is always exciting for me to get news about NI products winning awards - howevr since my career has been closely tied to NI Multisim - it is always particularly exciting when I see NI Multisim win a kudo from the EDA community. I was happy to once more make my way to the APEX conference (again held in Las Vegas) to witness Multisim receiving recognition at the New Product Innovation Awards Ceremony (held by UP Media). We here at National Instruments continue to focus on our strategy to have tools, resources and employees to make engineers throughout the world successful; Having an award winning product helps to communicate that very strategy!

Although I was unlucky at my 5 minutes at the Blackjack tables, I did come away from APEX with not one, but TWO awards for NI Multisim. Multisim won awards for:

1. 2011 "Best System Modelling & Simulation Tools": NI Multisim 11.0.1 (released October 2011) [ This makes it 2 years in a row! ]
  2. 2011 Best "Design Verification Tool": NI Multisim Component Evaluator - Analog Devices Edition (released December 2011)

As you can imagine our R&D, Marketing and Sales teams are ecstatic at this news! . You can check out my previous blog on the Design Verification Tools win in 2010 here.

NI Multisim Component Evaluator - Analog Devices Edition is a brand new version of Multisim that is available for free use by Analog Devices customer. This version is different from our standard tool, which is a design tool, and instead focusses on allowing engineers to take common ADI components and evaluate their performance. NI Multisim Component Evaluator is one part of Analog Devices holistic approach to choosing semiconductor products. Whether you are using web tools to understand design needs at analog.com, or using Multisim to develop small evaluation circuits, ADI are able to provide engineers with tools that effetively transition a customer through the device decision process.Ultimately this can ensure that engineers are making the decisions to make better decisions, be more productive, and ultimately be more successful!

Mike Beutow, editor-in-chief of PCD&F commented that “We saw some true innovation this year. The judges were truly impressed with the quality of the entries.” As we here at NI have been discussing for many years - simulation is a powerful tool, empowering engineers to make better design decision. Whether at the component evaluation stage, or for actual design work with NI Multisim - we feel we can help to reduce errors or improve performance.

For the sake of slight self promotion (I promise this will be the only time ) - you can see a picture of me accepting one of the two awards from Mike in Vegas. However I must be truly honest that the real kudos should go to our incredible R&D team that continue to develop the tools that make engineers successful throughout the design flow.

Thanks for reading!

Bhavesh Mistry

General Manager - National Instruments Toronto

P.S. I hope that you all take the opportunity to read our blog throughout the summer. We will have brand new content from Fernando Dominguez and Mahtab Ziaei, Engineers here at National Instruments Toronto. They will be providing tips-and-tricks when using NI Multisim, which should hopefully help as you use NI Multisim!

award.png

Pictured - Bhavesh Mistry and Mike Beutow (Image courtesy of UP Media)