NI myRIO App Development

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

myRIO Application Developer's FAQ

Is there an example of an application that shows how to meet the Compatible with LabVIEW – myRIO requirements?

Yes, a tutorial with an example of a completed application is available here: myRIO Application Developer's Tutorial and Example.

Why am I receiving Error 74 when I build my VI Package containing RT VIs or FPGA bitfiles?

There are multiple reasons for this error related to RT and FPGA separately.

This error can be thrown when an RT VI is mass compiled by VI Package Builder.  To prevent the error, place RT specific code inside a conditional disable structure and use the tag “TARGET TYPE == RT”.  Create an additional condition for the structure with “TARGET TYPE == Windows” and leave this case empty.  See the example myRIO Application RT VI from the example application linked above for an example of this implementation.

Using an Open FPGA Reference to a bitfile instead of an FPGA VI can result in Error 74.  There is a workaround documented here: Error 74 - Open FPGA Ref with .bit File and this issue is fixed in VIPM 2014.

Why is VIPM not including my shared variables in the built VI Package?

VIPM overlooks shared variables as LabVIEW associated file types and will sometimes ignore *.lvlibs containing only shared variables.  To force it to include your shared variables, add an empty placeholder VI into the *.lvlib containing the shared variable library, and VIPM will include it in the package.  More on this error and its workaround here: VIPM Build Ignoring Shared Variable Libraries and this issue is fixed in VIPM 2014.

In the project template XML file, what fields should be changed and what fields must remain the same?

For a detailed answer, see Creating myRIO Project Template XML.

I'm developing a paid toolkit (i.e. not free or open source).  How do I implement licensing and activation on my toolkit?

Use the Third Party Licensing and Activation Toolkit.  Create a LabVIEW library (*.lvlib) in your source project, move the VIs you want protected with licensing into this .lvlib, then use Standard Mode licensing to wrap the library.  More details here: License a LabVIEW Library Using Standard Mode.

Where can I get additional resources related to myRIO and LabVIEW development?

VI Package Manager: An Introduction

LabVIEW Tools Network Developer Center

LabVIEW Tools Network Developer Center Technical Guides

LabVIEW Real-Time Best Practices

Patrick
CLA
Message 1 of 1
(3,052 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.