NI myRIO App Development

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: How do I compile remotely?

altenbach wrote:

I am happy to see that I can compile 1G jobs simultanouesly....

Shame you need 1G Compile Workers connected to that server in order to do that.  A worker can only do 1 compile at a time.  I'm sure somebody in IT would love to try to do that.

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(175 Views)

Just wait until I get my quantum computer. Smiley Very Happy

LabVIEW Champion Do more with less code and in less time
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(175 Views)

Yes, the information about the need to start the compile worker is a bit sparse:

from here:

To setup a remote compile server, install the appropriate Xilinx compilation tools on the remote machine. Once you have done so, navigate to (on the remote machine) Start»All Programs»National Instruments»FPGA Compile Tools»FPGA Compile Server Configuration, place a checkmark next to Allow users to connect remotely to this compile server and click the OK button. Prior to compiling, you also must manually launch the FPGA Compile Worker on the remote computer by selecting Start»All Programs»National Instruments»FPGA Compile Tools»FPGA Compile Worker.

Even with the compile farm toolkit, the instructions are:

4. After you install the compile worker, select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»FPGA»FPGA Compile Worker to launch the compile worker. The compile worker icon appears in the taskbar.

Note  You must launch the compile worker from the Start menu on the computer on which it is executing. You cannot launch the compile worker remotely.

That seems silly. What if the server is rebooted and in a faraway location? Do I need to place a link in the startup folder? Are there official instructions how to start the worker automatically whenever the computer starts?

LabVIEW Champion Do more with less code and in less time
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(175 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.