NI myRIO App Development

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Error 74 using VI Package Builder

I have now finished my code and I'm trying to build my package.  Whenever I try to build my package with VI Package Manager, I get error 74.  I have read the documentation on both the following links:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36176

http://forums.jki.net/topic/1999-error-building-package-error-74-on-package-open/

I have also read the common error causes on the JKI website.  After reading all this, I modified my RT code to include the conditional diagram disable structures as indicated.  I don't have any FPGA VIs to worry about.  I have the most recent version of VIPM. 

I have also followed all the instructions in this link to build the package:

file:///C:/Users/scoles/Downloads/Tutorial%20-%20myRIO%20Application%20Development%20(2).pdf

After pulling pieces out of my code, I have found that the only way to get rid of the error is to pull out my VI that has references to the myRIO driver.  Even if I just put the open and close VIs into my project and then build it, it will get error 74.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,136 Views)
2 REPLIES

Re: Error 74 using VI Package Builder

The first link you referenced contains a further link to the JKI site with a fix for this issue.

Using an Open FPGA Reference to a bitfile instead of an FPGA VI can result in Error 74.  There is a workaround documented here: Error 74 - Open FPGA Ref with .bit File and this issue is fixed in VIPM 2014.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Principal Partner Development Manager - Partner Program - National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,302 Views)

Re: Error 74 using VI Package Builder

Thanks for replying so quickly! 

I did notice that link earlier, but I ignored it since I am not using the FPGA Open/Close Reference function in my code.  What I did not realize at the time is that the NI-RIO driver functions use those VIs.  I have now followed the solution in the above link, and been able to successfully build my app.  Thanks for your help Christian_L!

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,302 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.