Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELVISmx Oscilloscope for Mac OS and myDAQ

Overview

This VI is the NI ELVISmx Instrument Launcher’s Oscilloscope for the Mac OS. The Oscilloscope is used to display waveforms from channels 0 and 1 with the ability to vary cursor location, sample rate, and scale parameters. The Oscilloscope also displays the RMS, frequency, and peak-to-peak voltage of each waveform. This instrument has been adapted from its Windows OS form to work with a Mac OS, and the changes between these versions are explained below.

Oscilloscope.png

Hardware Instructions

This VI requires a readable signal and correctly connected analog channels 0 and 1. This can be done using the myDAQ analog I/O. Connect your device via USB and select that from the device list in the VI.

Executable Instructions

1. First, you must download the NI-DAQmx for myDAQ driver from this link:https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39065.

2. Download the attached file (Oscilloscope.zip) and save a local copy on your computer.

3. Once inside the folder, navigate to the Oscilloscope.app and double click to open.

4. Choose your device from the drop down list and press run.

Changes from Windows Version

This instrument is the same as its Windows version in all except for two ways: the Print button does not cause any event to happen and the Help button does not launch the full LabVIEW Help window. 

Disclaimer

This instrument is posted as an example for myDAQ for Mac OS X. While it is not an officially supported part of the DAQmx for Mac OS software, we have found it to work without issue. If you run into any issues apart from those noted above, please let us know by posting below. 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
Comments
Torjuh
on

After a few seconds of measuring, the app freezes.

It started happening after upgrading to El Capitan. All the other Elvismx instruments work fine.

Does anyone else get this?

mapsurfer
on

Yes, I'm also having problems running this on El Capitan. I hope they update this soon.

heipaadeg
on

Yes, with el Capitan nothing works.

Contributors