NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-1428 BIOS IRQ conflict on boot

My PCI-1428 board works fine in a Dell Diminsion 8600. Moved it to a new Dell Optiplex 780 and I get a bios error when I first turn on the computer saying there is an IRQ conflict. Is there any what to get this card to work in the Optiplex 780?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,679 Views)

Hi JoePar,

Do you have the NI drivers installed for that PCI-1428? Do you have any other PCI cards installed on the machine?  If you have different cards on the same machine, try to take them out and see what happens. You might try swapping PCI slots as well.

Esmail Hamdan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,663 Views)
The drivers are installed. No other PCI cards installed on the machine. Tried swapping PCI slots and the Optiplex 780 still shows resource conflict. I have been told by the application vendor that uses this card that they can not get this card to work in computers that have on-board video. The Optiplex 780 does have on-board video in it. I have also tried installing an addin video card and disabling the onboard video but this does not work either.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,651 Views)

Hi JoePar,

I found a good KnowledgeBase that explains this issue. I think it might be helpful to look at it, and try what's suggested. You also might want to contact your PC manufacturer to see if they have any Bios updates or so for your PC.

Esmail Hamdan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,634 Views)