From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI VideoMASTER and NI AudioMASTER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrominance Non-Liner Phase

Dear All, Our measured environment as below Video stream source USB disk or DVB-C Stream file “NTC7.TRP” from Tek Measured equipment NI PXI-1042Q VideoMaster Fail item Chrominance Non-lin Phase See the attached .png file, You can see the fail at Phase Packet 1/3. The -359 degree of result occur frequently. As well-know, -359 degree should be +1 degree ?? The attachment aslo inculde Tektronix VM700 waveform, and wihout issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,746 Views)

Hi Jeff2Lee,

Could you let us know which version of VideoMaster you are using please?

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,744 Views)

Ther videomaster version is 1.4.8.according to our customer spec is +- 2 degree.

but we found videomaster showd -359 degree, it's big problem for us. it should be +1 degree right ?

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,743 Views)

Hi Jeff2Lee,

OK so that is quite an old version of VideoMaster and I believe that there might have been an issue in the earlier versions with just this problem. You are right that this should read +1 degree. I would recommend that you contact your local NI office and ask about updating your version to the latest version. I have made this measurement with later versions than this and have not seen this issue.

Hope this helps,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,739 Views)

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your help! I will call NI people for solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,734 Views)

Dear Nick ,

What's version videomaster recommand for fix -359 degree issue ?

Cause we cann't get correct information from local NI .

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,710 Views)

Hi Jeff2 Lee,

You would need to update to the latest version which would be V3.1. I think the issue was fixed in either V3.0.1 or V3.0.2. There may also be a cost involved in this update but you would need to check with your local NI guys.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,697 Views)