VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running several models at same time

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the chassis PXIe 1082, the controller PXIe 8840 and VeriStand 2016. I thought that default you can only run 1 model after purchasing the system. To run several models at the same time you have to pay 600 €. Unfortunately, I can not find the page anymore, because NI have redesigned their homepage (imho to the worse).
Well I have just 2 models integrated into the SDF, both were loaded and run at the same time. Values were also exchanged via the system mapping.
Is this possible by default since VeriStand 2016?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,568 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rokot

Yes you should be able to do this without license restriction as far as I know. Import as many models as you want to in your SDF, then set their execution order  (in the Execution Order node page, right under Models) to define whether they will execute in parallel or in sequence (or a mix).

Note that it's going to take 1 cycle (which freauency is defined in the Controller page) to update the mappings if your models are parallelized.

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Message 2 of 3
(2,550 Views)

Thank you. I confused it with the operator license, which costs additional license fees for projects with multiple targets.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,542 Views)