cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runing a algorithm in FPGA within Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

thanks for your kind help.

i will spend some time on how to use FPGA Personality with the two links you provided and then i will try to use Custom device.

it seems that the FPGA Personality is a little more simple than Custom device, right? and i can not find more detailed information on how to use Custom device, so i will use FPGA Personality first.

one more question: is there any difference between the two ways?

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 文罗

Hi wenluo,

"it seems that the FPGA Personality is a little more simple than Custom device, right?"

You are right. FPGA Personality is simpler than Custom Device.

We can add additional device (3rd parth device, Scope/DMM/FGEN etc...) or algorithm to NI VeriStand using Custom Device.

Building Custom Devices for NI VeriStand

On the other hand, FPGA Personality only has a compatibility with FPGA.

And it isn't suited to if you hope to get all data acquired by analog input on FPGA.

See #4

Creating FPGA-Based I/O Personalities for NI VeriStand

The communication between NI VeriStand and FPGA depends on the Communication Loop,

and it doesn't use FPGA FIFO for each channel. All channels are packed or unpacked for the communication.

If you merely want to calculate  data on FPGA, FPGA Personality is good.

If you need all data on FPGA (from AI, DI, etc...), you should create Custom Device.

Best,

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,988 Views)

You can also consider following custom device for accessing data on FPGA from NIVS: https://github.com/NIVeriStandAdd-Ons/FPGA-Custom-Device.

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,975 Views)

YES. this is right what i want to know.

I want to deploy an algorithom into the FPGA with Veristand and get the caculated results from the FPGA, and then mapping the results with the signals from the RT. So i think using Customer Device is right choice.

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,958 Views)