From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runing a algorithm in FPGA within Veristand

Solved!
Go to solution

the application is like this: a model(dll) is imported to the Veristand, and this model will be running in the RT target. we have another algorithm, and we plan to deploy it into the FPGA.

the model running in the RT taget has one input and one output signal, the algorithm also has one input and output signal. so my question is: how can i deploy the algorithm into the FPGA and mapping the input and output signals?

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,131 Views)

Hi wenluo, I am very interested in your question,

and I think you can achieve your desired application using Custom Device of FPGA Personality.

Both of them aren't easy to create but they are very powerful features.

Best,

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,117 Views)
thanks for your reply. i will try as you said tomorrow. if i still have any questions, I hope you could help me. Thanks!

Wenluo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,110 Views)

hello Tepig, i have tried to use Customer Device, but i do not know how to use Customer Device to add .lvbitx file. if you right click the Customer Device, i can only choose from several models which they have already exist. so could you give me a little more detailed explation about how to use this feature? thanks!

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,088 Views)

Custom Device is a VeriStand feature and can implement additional features to the software.

But you should create your own custom device using LabVIEW.

In the custom device, you can call lvbitx file using "Open FPGA VI Reference Function".

I think that the common way to implement FPGA is creating FPGA personality, but you can select whichever you want to use.

Do you familiar with LabVIEW?
You need advanced knowledge about LabVIEW to create FPGA Personality or Custom Device.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,067 Views)

i have a little familar with the LabVIEW, but i do not have (much) exerprience with using Labview to create FPGA Personality or Custom Device. so could you please tell me how to use Labview to create FPGA Personality or Custom Device. i only need a simple description about how to use it. i will  be grateful for your help.

i am not sure if you have any files(.ppt or .doc) for reference. thanks.

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,034 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 文罗

You can create your Custom Device using Custom Device Template.

Go C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\NI Veristand\Custom Device Tools\Custom Device Template Tool

then open and execute "Custom Device Template Tool.vi" with setting some parameters.

Custom.png

This automatically creates Custom Device and you can customize it by yourself.

The detailed can be seen here.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,029 Views)

you are really farmilar with the Veristand, i will have a try to use this feature, may be i also need spend a little more time to figure out how to use it. anywany, thanks for your help.

wenluo

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,021 Views)

From my prospective the http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9349/en/ is exactly what you are looking for...

CLA, CTA, CLED

Message 9 of 14
(5,018 Views)

Jiri_K, thank you so much for your comment.

Dear wenluo, Custom device isn't only way to implement FPGA to your VeriStand project.
You can select either Custom Device and FPGA Personality.

If you hope to try to create FPGA Personality, some add-ons help you!!

Community: NI VeriStand FPGA-Based I/O Interface Tools
Community: NI VeriStand Add-On - Veristand FPGA Configuration Editor (VCE)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,985 Views)