From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model running slightly differently in Veristand and in Simulink

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a model containing a c-code s-function.

The model runs fine in Simulink, where the s-function is also compiled to a mexw32. 

Then a dll is generated for Veristand 2011, using RTW and the veristand.tlc.

In Veristand, the results are the same as in Simulink. But at some point in time, I have a numerical error in the s-function due to a non-convergence of the solver. (the s-function has its own fixed-step solver inside). This error does not shows up in Simulink with the mexw32 s-function.

I tried to run this dll both on Windows deployment mode and in pharlap deployment on a PXI. I have the same results about the numerical non-convergence, so the problem seems to be in the way the dll is compiled.

What could be the reason for a different behavior in Simulink and in Veristand ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,948 Views)
Hi.

In fact, sometimes function are not full functionnal when the model is compiled.

You could avoid use s function
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lbgc

I see that the original post is pretty old, and that it may have already been solved, but my team has been working through similar problems for a few months.  First thing to check would be version compatibility.  Keep in mind that even up to NIVS 2012, only RTW 2008 is officially supported. 

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,547 Views)