VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom device - BK Precision(9202) power supply

Hello 

I tried to build a custom device of the power supply, In this, I need to control the voltage and current also I checked for the overvoltage protection state, I am able to add the initialization, Main and RT driver VI. When I added the custom device in Veristand I am not able to read output or set any input to the power supply. I am not able to find where exactly the issue and how to resolve that problem. Please find the attached  LabVIEW project. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue 

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,274 Views)

Hi ani94,

you should improve your code style in the first place. For instance good practice is to create a single global variable which stores property names for your Custom Device as a default values of a subsequent string controls. For example like here:
global variable.png

You can then use this global variable to define property name when reading/writing property values across your Custom Device. Likewise it is done on this example:

global variable use case.png

Back to your original question, there are two critical failures in your RT Driver:
1. You have typo in the "visa resource name" property name

2. Instead of providing VISA resource name from your configuration you pass empty string to the hardware initialization 
CD bugfix.png

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,189 Views)