From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9045 XNET 9862 Blank Bitfile?

I've created blank bitfiles for NI-9862 in cRIO chassis [cRIO-9081, etc.] previously.  

It's unclear to me if this is required for a cRIO-904x after reviewing these help documents:

1]  This article leads me to believe that I do, as this is not an cRIO-903x or 906x:  

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kKTtSAM&l=en-US 

2]  If I do create a blank bitfile, for the 9862 in the cRIO-9045 chassis, I get Error -63101 Deploying System Definition File With NI-986x in NI VeriStand.  This article leads me to believe that I should not use a blank bitfile as I can deploy my project.  Unfortunately, our CANbus for this project is still in development so I have not been able to test if it works.  Just looking for clarification / possible update to these Knowledge Articles.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6W9SAK&l=en-US

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,474 Views)

Everything appears to be functional without the use of a bitfile.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,375 Views)

Linux cRIOs don't need the bitfile...

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,369 Views)

Thank you for confirming this - it is good news and saves us a step in setting up our controllers which change I/O frequently for test needs.  Please update the referenced support documents to reflect this [ie. add cRIO-904x]. 

The creation of this bitfile can be relatively simple, however, at times it is not.....on our company network, I have to use my phone as a hotspot to cloud compile because our firewall blocks the cloud compiler.  Often times, after creation of the FPGA bitfile in LabVIEW, I must reformat the target and reinstall all VeriStand + drivers on the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,362 Views)