From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ 9188 VeriStand Configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'm a new user of VeriStand and I'm having a little problem with the acquisition with my NI 9188 chassis. I've tried to measure a TTL with a 9403 module, defining in VeriStand 1 kHz as target rate, but I encountered some issues acquiring a bad signal when TTL frequency exceeds 180 Hz: I noticed that the System Time is updating of 1ms every acquisition (and it should be right), instead the Absolute Time is updating of 4/6ms; have I miss something in the configuration of my DAQ? I've just insert it in the System Explorer tree and insert also the digital module; I've supposed it should be configured as controller but when I do that VeriStand send me an error during the deploy (I've attached the error file), so I'm only able to set my LocalHost as Controller. Does anyone suppose what am I missing?

Thank you very much.

Francesca

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,991 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fra009

I've supposed it should be configured as controller but when I do that VeriStand send me an error during the deploy (I've attached the error file), so I'm only able to set my LocalHost as Controller.

This is expected with the 9188 because it is an ethernet chassis and not a controller. Basically, it is not capable of running a supported operating system that has the VeriStand Run-Time installed on it. Therefore you cannot remotely execute the VeriStand engine on it. You will need to continue running VeriStand locally on your PC that has the 9188 connected to it. 

If you're curious about cDAQ controllers you can find more here:

(http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210805)

but I encountered some issues acquiring a bad signal when TTL frequency exceeds 180 Hz: I noticed that the System Time is updating of 1ms every acquisition (and it should be right), instead the Absolute Time is updating of 4/6ms; have I miss something in the configuration of my DAQ?

Can you elaborate on this point? What do you mean by "issues acquiring a bad signal"? Are you getting an error that says the signal is bad in some way? 

I would also investigate some other System Channels during your testing: 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846G-01/veristand/system_channels_table/

• HP Loop Duration: Make sure that this is not approaching your loop rate. If it is, then you may need to run your system more slowly.
  • HP Count, LP count: Make sure that these aren't increasing. If they are, it means that your system is having performance problems and is unable to keep up with the rates you have specified.
  • DAQ Error: Check to see if you are getting any values reported here. This would help you diagnose any possible errors with the DAQ driver which is managing your DIO communication.

Further information about the engine architecture can be found here. 

NI VeriStand Engine Architecture

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/13033/en/

This is often a good document to reference when looking to understand the working parts of the engine and when you're trying to debug a performance issue.

Tim A.
Message 2 of 2
(2,930 Views)