VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any idea what this errorr means? the data type of the reference does not match the data type of the variable

I am using Veristand 2014, Scan Engine and EtherCat Custom Device.  I have not had this error before, but I was trying to deploy my System Definition File (run) to the Target (cRio 9024 with 6 modules) and it failed. It wouldn't even try to communicate with the target. I get the 'connection refused' error.  

1. I created a new Veristand project
  2. I added the Scan Engine and EtherCat custom device.
  3. I changed the IP address and auto-detected my modules
  4. i noticed tat Veristand didn't find one of my modules that was there earlier. (this week)

So, i went to NiMax to make sure software was installed and even reinstalled Scan Engine and Veristand just to make sure.

Now, it finds the module, but when i go to deploy it getsto the last step of deploying the code to the target, and then it fails.

Any thoughts?

Start Date: 4/10/2015 11:48 AM
• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2014\Projects\testChassis\testChassis.nivssdf
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target Controller.
• Preparing to synchronize with targets...
• Querying the active System Definition file from the targets...
• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.
• Start Date: 4/10/2015 11:48 AM
• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2014\Projects\testChassis\testChassis.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target Controller.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting download for target Controller...
• Opening FTP session to IP 10.12.0.48...
• Processing Action on Deploy VIs...
• Setting target scan rate to 10000 (uSec)... Done.
• Gathering target dependency files...
• Downloading testChassis.nivssdf [92 kB] (file 1 of 4)
• Downloading testChassis_Controller.nivsdat [204 kB] (file 2 of 4)
• Downloading CalibrationData.nivscal [0 kB] (file 3 of 4)
• Downloading testChassis_Controller.nivsparam [0 kB] (file 4 of 4)
• Closing FTP session...
• Files successfully deployed to the targets.
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -66212 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The data type of the reference does not match the data type of the variable.
=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi

• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,848 Views)

This may have to due with me having two of the same module.   I have two 9401 modules, and when they are both in the chassis, I am unable to deploy.   It might be something to do with the shared variable names being the same.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,840 Views)

-comment removed- still getting the issue with both modules installed at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,838 Views)

I have 7 modules:

Are there too many modules?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,835 Views)

Hi wegunterjrASI, 

It sounds like there could be a mismatch in the modules assigned to a particular slot.  What is the phyical configuration of the modules (ie, which module is inserted in which slot?), and can you attach your system definition file?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,804 Views)

This is the order they are installed:

1. 9205

2. 9401

3. 9263

4. 9375

5. 9478

6. 9401

7. 9862

I cannot attach a system definition file (ie, deploy and run) unless I remove the second 9401.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,798 Views)

Can you deploy if you only have the two 9401 modules in the chassis (no other modules) and in the sysdef?  I meant to ask if you could attach your system definition file to the forum post so we can see it as well (sorry for the confusion).  

Are you using any of the specialty configurations for the 9401 modules? (ex: counter, PWM, quadrature, etc)

You will probably want to post this on the support page for the Scan Engine/EtherCAT Custom Device: https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/8671  

Custom devices aren't officially supported by NI, so technical questions and issues are handled on the above page.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,775 Views)