From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET custom device: switching databases

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a recommended procedure for switching database files with the XNET custom device. It seems that I can only select the database when I first create the custom device for a port and then cannot change it after. Is that correct? Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between different databases in one system definition file. The different databases will have similar messages and signals but may have different addresses (as I try to use VeriStand with different generations of hardware). If it is not possible to easily switch databases, I think I will need to delete the custom device each time I change databases. Would you suggest making aliases and then remapping them each time I change databases? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,546 Views)

Hi hyog,

You are correct in that you have to delete the X-NET Custom Device in order to change databases in NI VeriStand. You can change the database alias with the XNET Database Editor, but you will need to ensure that the mappings are still correct in the VeriStand System Explorer for the device may not work properly. Changing database files was not tested during the creation of the custom device...

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,529 Views)

Hi DiscoBall,

You mentioned that I can change the database alias. Just to clarify, are you suggesting that I can try to give the new database the old alias' name to make VeriStand work with the new database? It seems that the editor doesn't allow multiple databases to have the same alias. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,469 Views)