From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP and CCP Master Add-On for NI VeriStand feedback.

Solved!
Go to solution

Stephen,

Do you have to have the CD version of the toolkit to have the option of installing the custom device?  I just downloaded ECUMC 2.2 from the website and I didn't see that option anywhere.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 118
(1,736 Views)

Hmm strange. Simply running the ECUMC 2.2 installer should have an option. Here is what mine looks like:

ecumc2.2.png

Is that not what you see?

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 118
(1,730 Views)

Hello Stephen,

Iam trying to get ccp communications working with the custom device.

I have a deployment error saying the vi cannot be open, maybe it is broken. I have ECUMC toolkit 2.1.5 and the xcp ccp is xcp_ccp_nivs2010_v14.6. I have veristand 2010 RT engine loaded on the RT target.

I read through the read me instructions and have the files in appropriate places. Please let me know what else could i try to get this working.

CCP Deployment Error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 118
(1,715 Views)
make sure you installed ECUMC to the real time target with measurement and automation explorer
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 118
(1,710 Views)

2012-02-14 10-24-27_ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit 2.1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 118
(1,704 Views)
hmm. That is unexpected. Can you run the veristand project targeted to windows? Or is it broken on windows too?
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 118
(1,684 Views)

The project deployment on windows comes back with this error dialog.

Windoes RUN.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 118
(1,680 Views)
I'm guessing your system definition has an fpga device added to it, and possibly other hardware as well that is not present in your windows OS. I'm just trying to see if the xcp/ccp device is executable on windows, so can you either make a new system definition or right click and disable the hardware in yours?
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 118
(1,674 Views)

Sorry, i couldn't catch your stream of thought. I disabled the fpga card on project and the deployment came back with a broken vi error dialog, just like RT error.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 118
(1,669 Views)
no worries. So it appears the custom device files are simply not executable by NI VeriStand. This can happen for example if the custom device files are version 2011 and veristand is version 2010. Not sure exactly what is causing your issue, but the easiest way to fix this is to download the 2010 device, and then delete the currently installed files and reinstall them
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 118
(1,665 Views)