VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCP and CCP Master Add-On for NI VeriStand feedback.

Solved!
Go to solution
Unfortunately not only XNET needs updating but so does ECUMC. This is something NI R&D is working on, but it isn't shipping yet.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 118
(1,908 Views)

Stephen,

Update on the issue i had posted in the forum last week about deployment error. It went away when i upgraded to ECUMC 2.2.

Now, I have a specific a2l channel configured for ccp measurement. When i load the workspace controls screen, the connection status come back as 0.0 and the ccp single measurement workspace control does not read anything and the label is Red in color.

When i i try a single characterisic workspace control for a characteristic channel, i get another error dialog with Error -1074388399.

I have attached the print screen for both scenarios.

Upgraded to Veristand 2011 and ECUMC 2.2 , with the help of local field support engineer.

Active Support Request Number : 1802211

Karthik

0 Kudos
Message 92 of 118
(1,897 Views)

Hi Stephen,

While trying to use the CCP add-on, a few errors are occurring. The System Definition is very simple. A CCP Custom Device is added, and an a2l file is given to it. In the workspace, a control is created for one of the channels in the a2l file. The SysDef is then deployed. 

The error shown on the RT screen, as well as in VeriStand are attached.

VeriStand 2011, ECUMC 2.2 and the shipped version of XCP and CCP Master Add-on have been installed.

Please help me resolve this issue. 

Thanks and Regards,

Varun

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 118
(1,745 Views)

Hi Varun,

This feedback forum was used when the XCP/CCP master custom device was posted online as a download. Now that it is part of a shipping product (ECUMC toolkit), this forum is not the appropriate place for support.

Please follow normal product support procedures for help with ECUMC 2.2

Thanks,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 118
(1,740 Views)

Hello,

I am running VeriStand 2011 SP1 and have XNET 1.6 and ECU toolkit 2.2.1. I downloaded the addon from http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6374, but it appears to throw an error upon deployment. Any ideas? Thanks.

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Open Device Reference (HW Interface).vi->Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>
c:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\Custom Devices\XCP and CCP Master\XCP and CCP Master RT Driver VI.vi

• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target Controller has been lost.

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 118
(1,627 Views)

hi Hyog,

as mentioned in the post for this addon you linked, this custom device has graduated to a shipping feature of ECUMC starting in version 2.2.

you should not install the download from the link you provided since the add on is already part of ECUMC. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling ECUMC to fix this issue. If you continue to experience issues, you should open an NI support service request since this is an officially supported product.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 118
(1,614 Views)

Hi StephenB,

Thanks for your response. I did read about it shipping with ECUMC. However I did not see native XCP capability built into VeriStand 2011 SP1 even with ECUMC 2.2.1 installed. I will try restarting. Please let me know if it's a somewhat hidden feature. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 118
(1,602 Views)

The Add-on installs in NI VeriStand then you access it via the Custom Devices menu in System Explorer. (The pictures in the XCP/CCP Master Add-on page are still accurate - this is what it looks like in System Explorer.)  The feature is not hidden.  Lots of people use this.  I am reloading the installer now to see if there is a NI VeriStand install option but if you have it handy you can check it yourself in the ECUMC installer.

0 Kudos
Message 98 of 118
(1,597 Views)

I see. If it's a custom device, then in this case I might have overriden what came with the VeriStand installation with the add-on's contents! Is there an easy way to restore, or shall I reinstall VeriStand!

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 118
(1,592 Views)

I am pretty sure you can fix this by uninstalling ECUMC and then reinstalling it.  It should copy all the right versions of the installation files to the right locations.

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 118
(1,587 Views)