VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Data Streaming Slow and Glitchy

Hi,

I have a project that has 2 PXIe controllers inside. After I deploy the Workspace is extremely slow and glitchy. On the screen I have only placed a couple indicators and a graph with one or two signals. The system definition is running at 1kHz, there are about 6000 channels on one PXIe and about 3000 channels on the other chassis. I am wondering if VeriStand is trying to stream all 9000 channels and this is the issue. Is there a way to setup the system definition to have it only stream a couple channels? Other ideas to solve the issue?

I can run the code on each PXIe individually with no problems. It is when the they are combined into a single definition that I have the issue.  I am using NI VeriStand 2014 SP1. 

B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,977 Views)

There are many things that could contribute to a slow execution. You are right that a major cause could be the number channels. VeriStand must read/write every single hardware channel defined in the system definition. If you can reduce the number of channels to the amount you need this will most likely fix the issue. Here is a link the the VeriStand 2015 SP1 Help documentation for maximizing your system performance: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846K-01/veristand/checklist/

If you are using any custom devices or models, you may want to verify those are optimized in LabVIEW as well.

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,923 Views)

I found an area where I could condense many channels. I took booleans from MatLab models, packaged them into 32 bit numbers and then unpackaged them inside the custom devices. Doing this 32 channels became 1 channel. It took a while, but was successfull. I removed around 1500 channels and now it seems that the VeriStand Workspace can handle the throughput.  

I do want to say that the real-time code on each PXIe controller seemed to run ok, it was just overloading at the VeriStand Workspace on the PC end.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,896 Views)