VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't deploy with fpga after chassis change.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm running a project on Veristand 2011 with a NI PXI-8109RT controller, a NI PXI-7852R fpga board, and five NI PXI-6733 analog output.

For development I used a PXI-1000B chassis.

Now I've moved the system to a PXI-1045 chassis, and I can't deploy the project anymore.

It gets stuck at "starting deployment group 1", and after a while I get a timeout error (-307672).

The only way I have to deploy the project is to remove the FPGA from the nivssdf, and to remove the NI PXI-7852R from the chassis.

Of course I need the FPGA board, so ... why the project won't deploy with it?

Thanks,

Matteo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,136 Views)

I found out that if I select FPGA insted of DAQ as "Chassis master hardware synchronization device" I can deploy the project.

So my problem is solved, but I'd like to know the reason for this behavior.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks,

Matteo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,132 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matteo_Orciari

Hi Matteo,

The 1045 chasis (and other PXI chassis with a large number of slots) have multiple independent PCI bus segments along the backplane.  By default, triggers are not shared between segments.

So, if you want to sync all of your cards, one solution is to put all cards in the same bus segment.  If this is not possible, you will need to go into MAX and manually map PXI Trig 0 away from your master timing card across to the other bus segments.  For more info on how to do this, see the following document:

Routing PXI Trigger Lines Across the Buses of Multisegment PXI Chassis

Regards,

Devin

Message 3 of 4
(6,124 Views)

thx!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,116 Views)