VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand wont transfer data to FPGA

Hello,

I am working on HIL validation with LabVIEW 2017 and Veristand 2017. It is the first time I use Veristand.

In LabVIEW 2017 FPGA, I created the FPGA VI and I used the XML Node Builder to generate the .fpgaconfig file. I successfully imported it into the Veristand project.

I have some inputs/outpus to and from the FPGA. I noticed and checked that there is no problem for transfering boolean (FPGA reacts as expected when changing them)

But it seems like Veristand does not succeed to transfer to the FPGA an integer value. When changing the "Throttle1PulseWidth" from Veristand UI, that channel keeps 0 value into the FPGA. To be assured of that, I just trigger the 2nd color of the compactRIO LED as you can see on the screen, and also send back to Veristand the actual value of Throttle1PulseWidth through a buffer variable, to avoid asynchronous read/write.

Please have a look on the FPGA code. Also the fpgaconfig XML file is joined. 

What am I doing wrong ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,371 Views)

There is a bug in with I16 / U16 data in Veristand. After replacing these values by I32 / U32 the data transfer works.

Hope this can help other people

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,352 Views)

athena732, I know other bugs in the tool. I don't recommend you to use the tool...

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,346 Views)

Ok... Yes the tool is not bug-free but it eases the development quite well...

Finally, the above solutions was still not the right one. it worked one time only...

The new workaround I found and which seems to be working quite well, is to use only boolean and FXP.

I don't know if that problems comes from Veristand 2017 or the tool.

Hope this might help

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,339 Views)