cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand procedure not executed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have created a project in Veristand 2017 with several digital outputs. I am trying to control those outputs with a procedure. Right now, I only added one procedure to set the some of the digital outputs to 1. But the procedure seems not executed at all when I deploy the project. (I have created some indicators to show the output values, but they all stay at their initial value 0) Any suggestions on what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,010 Views)

Hi TengWu,

How are you calling the procedure?  Is the procedure set as the Startup procedure or are you triggering an alarm to call the procedure?  Normally an Alarm calls a procedure (and that procedure can call other procedures).  The exception is if you set the procedure to be called as the startup procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,999 Views)

Thanks for the reply. It might be the issue. Could you please tell me where to configure it to a startup procedure? Attached is the screenshot of adding a new procedure, I didn't find the option to configure it into a startup procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,987 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TengWu

Hi Tengwu,

Select "Procedures" in the tree not the specific procedure. Then, on the bottom of the page, there is a check box to "On Start execute procedure". You can select the procedure to run at start here.

procedure_start.PNG

Andy 

Product Support Engineer

Message 4 of 6
(2,975 Views)

Hi,

I have attached a screen shot.  You need to click on the Procedures root, on the right side the procedures help and execution will show up.  At the bottom there is a check box that says "On Start Execute Procedure", check this and then you can select what procedure the VeriStand System Definition will run when it is deployed.

Message 5 of 6
(2,973 Views)

You just beat me to posting the same thing Andy.  You are faster on the draw than me today 😉

Message 6 of 6
(2,972 Views)