VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand custom device or workspace control to run a stimulus profile.

Does anyone have a VeriStand custom device or workspace control that allows the user to run (start/stop) various stimulus profiles from the workspace?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,794 Views)

In order to run a Stimulus Profile, you must be able to call .NET code to communicate with the VeriStand Gateway. This would not work from a Custom Device running on a real-time target.

However, it is straightforward to call stimulus profiles from a Workspace control. The following example installed into LabVIEW shows you how to call stimulus profiles and manage their execution.

<LabVIEW>\examples\NI VeriStand\API\Execution API\Sequences\Stimulus Profile Control Tool\Stimulus Profile Control Tool.vi

I am not sure which version of VeriStand you are using. We had a bug in some versions where this example VI was broken. However, the fundamentals of the example still apply. This example is in the form of a Workspace Tool, not a control. However, changing it should not be too hard. For an example of how to build a custom Workspace control, refer to the Free Label VI in the Display Templates folder in Public Documents\<VeriStand>.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,775 Views)

Jarrod,

Thanks for the response.  I am running LabVIEW 2015 and VeriStand 2015.  I took a look at the example that you pointed out to me.  It was broken when I opened it, but once I simply reconnected the broken wires it appeared to be ok.  What steps do I need to take to get this tool into my VeriStand Project?  Do I need to run the build specification in the project, and then copy something to the Public Documents\<VeriStand>\<Workspace Tools> folder?

Also, what is the difference between a workspace tool and a workspace control?  How exactly do I change this VI so I can use it as a control instead of a tool?  I looked at the "Decoration Free Label" vi in the display templates folder, but it's not clear to me what to do...?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,767 Views)