VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand System Definition Version Control Solution

Hi,

I'm fairly new to NI Veristand, I've been using it for ~8 months or so. I wanted to know if anyone has a good version control solution for the System Definition.

My team is trying to use git since the files is XML but when trying to diff or merge, it doesn't cleanly recognize when new lines are added. It will often take it as they are the same lines but with different text so it would try to replace it. I use gitbash and P4merge as my merging tool. This becomes problematic because I can't keep all the changes. It could be my merging tool

The attached image shows the conflict in the merge. Below the line with the section name "ABS_GCU_muxselector", that is said to be the same between the files, which is true. However, both sections, "ABS_GCU_muxselector" and "MCUF1_muxselector" should include those lines.

Does anyone have an experience with other version control methods for the System Definition?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,996 Views)

Is this the first time you are coming across this issue? (i.e. have you been able to merge other sys def files over the last 8 months?)

It might be worthwhile to reach out to the makers of the merging tools as well to see if there is a syntax issue.

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,962 Views)