cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand SDF can not be deployed after update to Veristand 2020 R4

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI community,

I'm facing a problem with Veristand 2020 R4 which I can't solve. Hope that somebody also saw this issue and found a solution for it.

We are using Veristand 2017 with PXI-1031 with several IO cards (NI PXI-6259) for test automation on a hardware in the loop system.

As we need the Python integration which was introduced with later versions of Veristand we updated to Veristand 2020 R4. We are able to open the files but during deployment this error message appears.

------------------------

Deployment Error
Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> Engine Data Compilation.lvlib:Read Engine Binary File.vi
Error -307731 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand: The system definition file is not saved in the current version of NI VeriStand.
=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> Engine Data Compilation.lvlib:Read Engine Binary File.vi

---------------------

We already safed the SDF with Veristand 2020 R4, but the issue still exists. I would be very happy about any ideas how this issue can be solved. 

Thank you,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,432 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeBu87

Hello,

You are talking about PXI-1031, whiwh is a PXI chassis. I suppose that your are using NI VeriStand with an RT controller it this châssis - but perhaps am I wrong ?

First of all did you update VeriStand on your PXI target ? The VeriStand Engine has to be installed on it, with the corresponding version. If not, it could explain why the version mismatch (2020 R4 on your computer and in system explorer, but still 2017 on your RT target).

Perhaps you also can build quickly a very simple system definition for your RT target, in order to check it it is possible to deploy it on your target, aside from your existing (upgraded) VS 2017 projet.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,370 Views)

Thank you for your feedback Mathieu.

You're right, we missed to update the PXI target accordingly. Unfortunately the PXI target is in safe state after the installation even though the installation completed successfully. Do you have any idea what could have went wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,360 Views)

Mmmmm, trick question 😅

Curiosity : what is the reference of the PXI controller ?

Check in MAX, if the checkbox Safe mode is disabled:Force Safe ModeForce Safe Mode

I found this KB about PharLap PXI controllers: PXI Controller Status: Connected - Safe Mode (Software Error) - National Instruments (ni.com)

If it a Safe Mode (Software Error) you get ?

I know you've got a PXI, not a cRIO, but pick a look on these KB:

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,347 Views)

Yes, I get exactly this error, Safe Mode (Software Error).

BIOS update did not solve it, but the PXI controller shows two errors during start-up which indicate left overs of the old software versions. And teh controller re-starts after a few minutes.

Next step is to reformat the PXI controller and install everything on a clean system.

The checkbox Safe mode does not exist in the PXI system we have.

Thank you for the links, they are very helpful. 

I'll give an update after re-installation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,332 Views)

The checkbox Safe mode does not exist in the PXI system we have.

I wasn't sure it exists on PXI controllers, I only have a cRIO controller to make some screenshot. Which PXI controller is it ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,326 Views)

It's PXI-8102 controller

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,322 Views)

I could finally solve the problem by reformatting the PXI controller according to this guide

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHpZCAW&l=de-DE

Message 8 of 8
(2,291 Views)