cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand PXI-2510

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to control PXI-2510 automated. I bound the Custom-Device for PXI-2510. It functions excellent manually.

I have following Software and Equipment

NI-Veristand 2011

NI PXI 1042 Q

NI PXI-8108 Controller

What can I do for automated sequences in switching.

May there are some tutorials...

Best regards,

YBilgin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,403 Views)

Hello,

I'm very gutted about Veristand and the supporting of NI.

There 's no really helpful answers about this program.

At first, there is no courses on offer.

What should I do?  So I build a question in this forum. The result is -> No answers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,359 Views)

Hey YBilgin,

Sorry about the delay in response. Somehow this post slipped through the cracks.

Can you give some more details about the bigger picture goal of your application?  It sounds like you are trying to do some automated test setups.  There are several approaches to automated test sequences - using the Stimulus Profile Editor, integration with TestStand, using the VeriStand .NET API directly.  To suggest which one of these might be best I would need a little more information about your application.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,340 Views)

Hi YBilgin,

you haven't answered in a while. As Kevin said, could you please provide some more information on your task so we can help you?

In general the easiest way to create automaded test-setups would be to use the stimulus profile editor. I got some links here for you that could be useful to get started with the stimulus profile editor:

Tutorial: Getting Started with Stimulus Profiles in NI VeriStand 2011

Controlling NI VeriStand Projects With the Stimulus Profile Editor

Creating Real-Time Stimulus Profiles in NI VeriStand

Best Regards,

Lam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,281 Views)

Hello Kevin,

thanx for your answer.

With my application I want to test interfaces of frequency converter.

The signals to motor and car have to tested. Partially I have to simulate the signals to motor and to car or reverse.

For these purposes I use the hardware I mentioned.

At the end there should be a test report of passed and failed testsequences.

Best regards,

Yesim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,276 Views)

Hi Lam,

thanks for answering.

First I would read the links you wrote.

I think there will be more questions, which I want to ask 🙂

Best regards,

Yesim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,275 Views)

From the additional description of your application it still sounds like the Stimulus Profile Editor in VeriStand is a good place to start. After you have a chance to review the documentation linked above post back if you have any questions.

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,262 Views)

Hello Kevin,

so there is the first question to you.

I learned that I can use NI-PXI-2510 Custom Device Add on. That functions very good manually.

I walked through available lessons for Stimulus Profile Editor. I únderstood the functionality of RT-Sequences and Stimulus Profiles.

So how can I integrate the functionality of Switch to the Stimulus Profile Editor. Where can I select the channels of PXI-2510?

Maybe I have to write a model in LabVIEW?

Because In section "primitives" there is no selection for the hardware "PXI 2510".

I'am searching for easiest way to control the switch over Stimulus Profile Editor. What's the best way?

Thanks

Regards,

Yesim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,254 Views)

Hey Yesim,

From the stimulus profile editor you just need to add a parameter assigned to a channel in the custom device. This is done by dragging a variable to the parameters field in an RT sequence, and then selecting the channel you want to map to in the property browser on the right side of the screen.

Controlchannelfault.jpg

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,242 Views)

Hello Kevin,

the unit of the switching states is a U32 variable?

Switching states could be

Switching_States.GIF

This means that the variable "U32" represents the enum of the switching states, isn`t it?

Regards,

Yesim

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,229 Views)