VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand Missing graphical data

Working on VeriStand, since updating to Win10 we have recently seen missing data in the graphical views on VeriStand. Reducing number of graphs and channels does not resolve the issue. Anyone else seen issues like this? It runs fine for about 1 min after deployment then starts playing up almost like it runs out of a memory buffer..... Please see following image.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Hi MattSWard,

I am not aware of anything specific to Windows 10 that would cause this. I have a few questions and thougts that hopefully will add some context:

1. What version of VeriStand are you using?
  2. What items are on your UI?
  3. Are you seeing any late counts (e.g. HP Count, Model Count, LP Data Count)?
  4. You can monitor process Memory for VeriStand using PerfMon to see if there is an leak or an increase.

Thanks,

Andy

Staff PSE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,355 Views)

Thanks for the reply, I have since made some more modifications and deleted a number of screens and display items which has dramatically improved things. However this is not how I understood this system to work, we had 7 screens in total which all are really only used for observation. I was under the impression only the active screen would be pulling resource.

1. What version of VeriStand are you using? - 2016
  2. What items are on your UI? - We are displaying various inputs and model parameters from a test rig based system
  3. Are you seeing any late counts (e.g. HP Count, Model Count, LP Data Count)? Yes this was getting worse but seems to have improved since deleting some of the screens, our system was experiencing hard shutdowns due to intermittent loss of control.
  4. You can monitor process Memory for VeriStand using PerfMon to see if there is an leak or an increase. I will look at using PerfMon to monitor the performance

Looks like things have improved but as conflict of my understanding of the Veristand UI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,344 Views)

Hey MattSWard,

For #3, I would not expect deleting screens to impact the HP Count or the Model Count. Sending less data over the gateway to the UI could help with the UI visualization, but I would not expect it to impact the control of the system. 

For #4, you can follow this KB (Using PerfMon to Track Process Performance). You can use the VeriStand process and track Virtual and Private Bytes, as mentioned. 

FYI there is a CAR (714159) where there is a memory leak in Waveform Graphs on the workspace that was initially reported in 2016. If you have multiple waveform graphs, this bug could play a role in what you are seeing. 

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,338 Views)

Thanks again, ill look into this a little more tomorrow

We have gone from not being able to control to full control and testing with the only change being the removal of 2 screens and unused indicators and graph. I may have missed something.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
(2,335 Views)