From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand Custom Device Initialization Device reference

Hello All,

I'm trying to build a custom device in NI Veristand 2018. During initialization of the custom device, I'm trying to add a new section and channel names during initialization. However, when trying to run the VI, I'm getting the error Error -1172, .NET exception. Please find attached the snippets of error and the VI. Can anyone please help me understand what's the significance of the Parent Reference In and how it is causing this error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,234 Views)

Where is this VI (CustomDevice.vi) being called?

Your error is occurring in the Set Loop Type VI which is expecting a Device Ref in which you would typically provide in the custom device Initialization VI.  I'm not sure if you are providing a different reference than the Device Ref such as a Page reference or if the Device Ref truly doesn't exist as the error implies.

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,188 Views)