VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand-2014: Access Violation (0xC0000005) crash

I've been running NI-Veristand-2014 since approximately May 2015 on a HiL system.  Now, as of 2015-11-09 Veristand always crashes with an "Access Violation (0xC0000005)" error.  I do NOT have LabVIEW installed; only Veristand-2014. 

The sequence to the error is:

1. Start up VeriStand-2014.
  2. Open any Veristand project.
  3. Then open the .nivsscreen file through VeriStand System Explorer.
  4. Then shortly thereafter get this fatal error message.

NOTES:

1. A deploy to the RealTime-PC is not necessary to generate the error.
  2. The error does NOT occur until the .nivsscreen file is opened.
  3. This error occurs for multiple Veristand projects (it’s not specific to one project).

This is a development workstation, so as far as I'm aware no updates were performed on the system during this time period.  I've searched through all the associated forums concerning this topic, but they are all related to LabVIEW and not Veristand, so no proposed solutions seem appropriate.  I've attached a description and associated dump log of the error. 

In an attempt to solve this problem, I went so far as to completely uninstall ALL NI software and then reinstall Veristand-2014 and NI-RIO-Drivers v14.5.  This did NOT solve the problem. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my HiL system is down!  Thanks much, ~Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,179 Views)

I would try to install latest patch for the LV Run-time engine:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2014-sp1/5198/en/

Also if you need faster resolution, you should contact your local NI support team (https://www.ni.com/contact-us/)

CLA, CTA, CLED

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,147 Views)

If anyone is interested, I finally determined the source of the crash.  There was a peripheral device (D-LINK DUB-H7 USB 7-port hub) that was on my system.  It's meer presence on the system (nothing had to be plugged into it) was conflicting with Veristand and causing this Access-Violation exception & crash.  Working with NI support, they confirmed they've occassionaly seen scenarios where peripheral devices will cause this type of failure.  They said there is a compatibility issue between lvinput.dll and some components of the Windows driver when interacting with certain peripherals. 

For me, the solution was to remove the D-LINK DUB-H7 USB 7-port hub and replace it with one that didn't produce a conflict; however, I'm not convinced that the lvinput.dll file was the culprit.  My D-LINK DUB-H7 USB 7-port hub was on my HiL system since May 2015, but the crashing issue didn't materialize until November 9th.  Also, the lvinput.dll file was dated coded 2015-06-17, so it doesn't appear that any NI updates around November would have modified this file. 

NI has informed me that they have created a CAR and they are actively working on this issue and hopefully producing a fix for it soon.   

Still, if you're having a similar problem, check your peripheral devices.  There may be an incompatibility issue with one of them. 

Regards,

~

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,955 Views)