From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand does not work anymore

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I didn't use VeriStand 2018 for a couple of weeks and now I can not open a project anymore, I've already searched for updates, reinstalled the program, but it still does not work.
For VeriStand 2019, my license is not working. What can I do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,715 Views)

My private guess is, you've installed cumulative Windows update in the meanwhile which ruined your NIVS installation. The Best what you can do is OS + application (re)installation. But of course you can start troubleshooting with the NI technical support (if you have an active SSP), which will most likely (after quite some time of unsuccessful troubleshooting) end up with a recommendation I proposed above...

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,703 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

I think the Problem is, i need to install the Service Pack, to get the 64 bit Version. But when i want to start the Setup, it says that there is no Service pack installed and it cancels. (what i find completely strange)

what could be the reason for this, or does someone have same Problems?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,640 Views)

Hello,

after reinstalling thousend times i can start VeriStand 2018.

But now i have an error, while compiling a Project that was correct a few weeks before:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.
Details:
Error 116 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x74) Rückwandlung oder Bytestream-Leseoperation ist aufgrund ungültiger, unerwarteter oder abgeschnittener Daten fehlgeschlagen.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  Read from Binary File in Engine Data Compilation.lvlib:Read Engine Binary File.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi<APPEND>
c:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\SystemDefinitionData.nivscfg
Does anyone understand where the mistake could be?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,621 Views)

Please check your System Definition File (SDF). Did you add Custom Device into your project?

If you added then, visit

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 201x\Custom Devices

and check whether there is CD named "Read from Binary File in Engine Data Compilation".

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,604 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ache

Thanks for your answer.

I solved the problem, the reason for the problem were different software versions on my PXI-system and on my desktop computer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,597 Views)