cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand does not deploy with 7811R

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am currently experiencing some issues while trying to replicate a System of ours. This configuration has worked in that exact setup before and now I am experiencing loads of problems. The Project uses a 7811R with a custom personality I wrote last year. Here's what works and what doesn't:

The FPGA code runs on LV FPGA, without any problems.

In VeriStand: When I select just the chassis, it deploys fine.

When I add the 7811R with my own .fpgaconfig it returns an error after starting deployment group 1: Error -50400 Timeout

When I add the 7811R with an example config (e.g. PCI-7811R PWM, Digital Lines.fpgaconfig) it gives me a different error after starting deployment group 1: -61024 Something about a mismatch between configured and current device type.

I can't stress enough, that it all worked before in the exact same configuration.

Because of this I added a 7841R that we had lying around. This deployed just fine with the standard config (PXI-7841R Analog, PWM, Digital Lines.fpgaconfig in this instance).

From the errors or lack thereof described above, I surmise that:

a) The 7811R itself is OK, since it works with LabVIEW

b) VeriStand + FPGA works, as it works with the 7841R

c) All the installed software is OK, as well, since it works with the 7841R

What else can I try?

P.S.: I should mention that the same problem occurs on both my laptop and our demo system. Both are Running VeriStand 2015 SP1.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,620 Views)

Also, the Example config should be: PXI not PCI. Result is not the same.

Edit: It's not, when you select the right RIO device. Now I just need to get my custom personality going.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,594 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PeterFoerster

OK, I don't really know what did the trick, but it works now.

After finding out, that I had previously selected the PCI personality instead of the PXI, the old project still wasn't working. So, I created a completely new one, which worked right away. After that, I basically copied my old code into the new project and now it works. The old one still doesn't.

What I don't quite get is: With the new software I get problems when loading the file, because of the Umlauts (üäö). The old version does not complain.

As I said, I don't know what did it in the end. I installed the earlier version of Xilinx (10.1) that might have done it. Also completely rebuilding the project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,577 Views)