From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand data logging in LabVIEW

I am trying to start data logging for VeriStand in text format from a LabVIEW program. I have two targets defined in the VeriStand system definition file. I want to initiate the logging for the channels from both targets at the same time. The issue I am facing is the application creates separate log files for each target. But I see if I select TDMS file format it just create one log file by combining the channels from both targets. Is there any way to combine the data log files in text log file format? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,435 Views)

I have had success using the Data Logging API from the NI VeriStand folder in Labview.  The Configuration -> New Data Logging specification.vi can be fed the channels you want to record and configured to record as CSV or TSV.  I don't think it will matter what target the channels is on since the channel path includes the target.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3
(2,418 Views)

Thank You!

Still I am facing the same issue. If I select TDMS file it just create one data log file, but it creates two files for CSV format. 

Attached the VI front panel, block diagram and the data log files created by LabVIEW.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,402 Views)