From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand Logging Control.vi trigger

Hello.

I'm using the "Logging - Logging Control.vi" in VeriStand 2014.

I want to set the "Start Logging button" programatically.datalogging.jpg

Then I use the "Start Trigger" and "Stop Trigger" to start the logging and stop logging with some VeriStand CHs.

dataloggsing.jpg

First it needs to set the "Start Logging button" of the front panel to get the CH trigger ready on Workspace.

It needs to press the button manually once then it turns to the trigger waiting mode.

I want to set the "Start Logging button" programatically.

Does anyone know how I can set the button programatically with VeriStand-CH?

I don't want to use the Custom device "Embedded Data Logger" because the "Logging - Logging Control.vi" is very useful and simple, so it is helpful to tell customer the way to use.

Thank you,

Noriyuki

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,680 Views)

What exactly do you mean by programmatically? Do you want it to start as soon as the Workspace opens?

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,650 Views)

Hello Jarrod,

>What exactly do you mean by programmatically? Do you want it to start as soon as the Workspace opens?

No, I don't. I would like to just press the "Start Logging button" to get ready to be triggered. The "Start Logging button" is red circled placed in the center.

It seems the  "Start Logging button" has to be manually set before the trigger CH action runs so I want to run this button on Stimulus Profile Editor on desired timing.

Noriyuki

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,624 Views)

Hi Nori, unfortunately i don't have NI VeriStand now but, I think you can achieve the feature by customizing the workspace control.

As you know, we can edit all of control by LabVIEW. Does this answer satisfy you?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,620 Views)

Hello Pignite,

Thank you for stopping by at this toppic.

>I think you can achieve the feature by customizing the workspace control.

>As you know, we can edit all of control by LabVIEW

yes, you are right but we can't open the block diagram side as usual with this control.vi. Maybe that is visually locked without password. If I can get the diagram code, I can edit code and inspect it. I think maybe they don't  expose the source code.

Thank you,

Noriyuki

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,617 Views)

oh, really...?

I'll check it later and be back on this thread.

Please give me a little time (maybe, i can check it soon 😆 )

Thanks

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,613 Views)

Sorry for the delay...

You are right, the VI cannot be modified... I don't know why it is locked...

I also checked VI property but, all property are grayed out : (

Does anyone know why it is locked?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,594 Views)

Pignite,

Thank you for the checking VI.

I often heard from cutomer that The Logging Control.vi is more useful and understandable intuitively than using logging vi in SPE or the custom device logging tool.

That is visually understandable for beginner to change the target CH so I want to push it forward for customer.

Does anyone agree with it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,592 Views)