From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2010 IronPython on Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,
Till now I used my Python scripts on VS2009 and the exemple working on VS2010 gived me by Stephen (http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Iron-Python/td-p/1290944) and everything worked fine.
Now I switched "officially" to VS2010 and I cannot use more my scripts; I have the following error message:

"SystemError:no endpoint listening on net.pipe: / / localhost/NI/VeriStand/1.0/DataServer able to accept the message.
This action is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP. For more details, see InnerException, if present."

The library file (NIVeriStand.py) I'm using is to  VS2010.

I've not idea what's appened and I have no idea what the meaning of the error message!

I'm not able to understand where is the problem

Thank you

monica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scmm

It appears you are somehow using the VeriStand 2009 execution API rather than the 2010 version from your Python script. The endpoint address you specified in the error address is associated with VS2009 rather than VS2010. VS2009 is apparently not running at the time, so this error indicates there was no server listening for commands.

This is strange. You mentioned that you are using the 2010 NI VeriStand.py file, but this file is hard-coded to bind to the 2010 execution API assemblies, which should not have this problem.

Are VS2009 and VS2010 both installed on this machine? This shouldn't cause any conflicts.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,568 Views)

Thank You very much Jarrod,

I unistalled VS2009 and removed from the PC the old NIVeriStand.py library and everything is back to work properly.

Sorry for the disturbance but I panicked 🐵

Thanks

monica

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,536 Views)