From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Veristand Model and screen Host file in TestStand

Hello All, 

I am not sure if this has been solved or debated anywhere, I made some research but could not find anything. Maybe somebody has an idea that can help me. 

I have a Veristand Model which is doing some Engine simulations.

I am developing some Automated Tests where I will call this Engine model in TestStand (similar to calling a Labview subvi/vi in TestStand).

This Model has different screen files and my idea is that the controls / indicators on the screen files can be used as inputs and outputs in TestStand.

My aim is not to dig into the model and what is implemented in it. I already know how to control and use this model for some manual test but I have to automate and use its controls/indicators in TestStand to test different parameters. 

Does anyone have an idea how I can achieve this or alternatively use Labview to achieve same and then send my Labview Subvis/VI to TestStand. 

Thanks 

regards 

iWin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,852 Views)

So basically you are looking for the way how to directly call a model dll from TestStand? As long as you have LV interface for you model, I would reuse it. You can build a VI which accepts a cluster of input parameters and test profiles executes model (single or multiple steps based on the dim of your test vector) and returns values to TestStand. So you can manage your test cases in TestStand while the model execution logic stays in LV.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,841 Views)

@okubik wrote:

So basically you are looking for the way how to directly call a model dll from TestStand? As long as you have LV interface for you model, I would reuse it. You can build a VI which accepts a cluster of input parameters and test profiles executes model (single or multiple steps based on the dim of your test vector) and returns values to TestStand. So you can manage your test cases in TestStand while the model execution logic stays in LV.

Yes I want to call the model dll from either TestStand or Labview.

I got a .dll and .h file for this Model which I built in Labview (see attachment) but the generated VIs look like they are only meant for the RT communication and not for the model controls. 

I don't have a Labview Interface for this Model (That would have been very easy to re-use it)

Regards

iWin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,827 Views)

The print screen...that's a list of source VIs of your model? Am I right, you plan to compile your model with the NIVS model interface tool chain and run it from TestStand (on the Windows machine) without VeriStand? You can use NI LabVIEW Model Interface Toolkit to call the compiled DLL or execute your top-level model implemented as simulation subsystem (if it is designed in Control Design and Simulation Toolkit) and run it from the control & simulation loop.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,822 Views)