VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Manager user access

I like the new UI Manager in VeriStand (2015 SP1), but I can't seem to find how to lock out features, mainly editing the UI screen.  I have a screen developed, but I don't want the user to be able to edit it (Admin access vs Operator access).  I could do this with the old workspace, but can't see how to do it with the new UI Manager.  If anyone knows how please let me know.  If it isn't an option I would love it added.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Hi joshe,

You can lock down UI Manager, just as you would be able to lock down the old Workspace.  If you go into the Operator privileges (from Tools >> Configure User Permissions in the Project Explorer) and uncheck all the permissions, the operator will only be able to modify the controls in UI Manager and not modify existing objects (e.g. moving or deleting them).  They also won't have access to many of the dropdown menus up top.  Give it a shot and see if it does what you want!

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,868 Views)

This worked about 50%.  It did lock down the ability to modify the UI manager workspace screen, but it didn't prevent access to things like disabling alarms and faulting channels.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,805 Views)

Even for the workspace (old UI) I'm facing one issue, I don't want my operator to have any access to edit the UI. So from the tools menu, I removed all the permissions. But still they can add or delete the UI Screen, This is dangerous for my application. Do anyone have a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,571 Views)

Hi lmSB,

That is a good point and exposes something that isn't natively in the product.  I would be surprised if anyone has created a functional workaround without access to the VeriStand source, but am interested to see what feedback you get.

If it turns out this isn't a feature that can be added with a plugin (and I don't believe it is), posting on the VeriStand Idea Exchange is going to be your best option for getting new features written into the product in future releases.  

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,557 Views)