VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Manager update rate

Hello,

I'm running a new project using the UI Manager. I've created a simple test front end with 6 dials & numeric indicators, about 20 booleans and a chart with 1 signal. The issue i'm having is that the update rate is very choppy. 

I can see this in the dials/indicators and primarily in in the chart where it will update a few points, stop for a half a second and update again. 

I've created the same interface using the Workspace screen and have no issues with this system.

My system definition file is running on a PXIe-8840 and my UI on a Windows 10 Pro (i7 2.8Ghz with 16GB RAM). I've looked at CPU and network usage and these are at 21% and 800Kbps Rx. 

Can anyone provide guidance on how to improve the update/refresh rate on the UI manager? 

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,532 Views)

A bit of additional information. It seems like the issue of update may stem from my frequency readings. I'm using a 6624 card to read a frequency of 60kHz plus,minus 30kHz on a counter channel. I've logged the data to a plot and also to file at a rate of 100Hz and it looks like the frequency data is only updating at 1Hz? Every other channel is updating at the requested 100Hz but the frequency is not? 

Any suggestions on what could be causing the issue? 

Cheers,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,451 Views)

Hi Dave,

I have a similar problem with the UI Manager. The issue is most obvious in the graph windows as there are intermittent gaps where no data is available. It doesn't happen with the old workspace and logging to TDMS over the network also works fine. Therefore it's safe to say that the network connection between host and realtime system is ok.

Are you using VS 2015SP1 or 2016? I'm using 2015SP1 and would be interested to know if this has been fixed in 2016.

Regards

Dirk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,437 Views)

counter input measurement types don't work very well except for pulse measurement. Use that if you can. If you must use the measurement type you have selected, then narrow the min/max frequency of the measurement and it will update faster

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,416 Views)

Thanks for the info StephenB. You are right and update rates increased when I decreased the measurement range. Gotta say a bit disappointed with this particular item.

Krid - I'm using VS 2015 SP1 and I had exactly the same behaviour you are seeing. It seems to have been fixed but unfortunately I have not idea how? It suddenly seemed to have started working as expected, not sure if it's something that I did. Sorry couldn't be of more help!

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,407 Views)