From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcp Ip Veristand 2013 Third party device

So I'm working on a project with Veristand NI 2013 and I want to add a custom device that would allow Veristand to communicate its data by the local network and a ethernet cable to a Rasberry Pie with TCP. What should i dowload, Qhat should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,651 Views)

You may want to look at this TCP/IP Custom Device that a community member posted a few years ago. It may be what you are looking for or could serve as a starting point so that you can build your own version of the custom device that fits your needs.

I would also recommend reading through Creating Custom Devices from the VeriStand help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,630 Views)

Also, you can communicate over TCP by using the Instrument custom device. This CD allows VeriStand to send commands and read back responses over a variety of protocols, including TCP, serial, etc.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,629 Views)

Well,

you can try to use VeriStand Addon Network Comm which is as I believe exactly what you need. However as the source code is written in LV 2015+ you would need to have NIVS 2015 + LabVIEW 2015 toolchain to be able to backport the source code to LabVIEW 2013. Once you port it to 2013 you would need to finetune the backported version (basically fix all cross-version issues) and build it for NIVS 2013. Is it worth the effort???

Have fun!

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,624 Views)