From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target is disconnected, but my target is the host computer I'm on

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Glad to see you found part of the problem. So, if I understand right, you are now able to successfully build the dll. Is this correct?

I'm still having the Veristand project get stuck at "Starting deployment group 1..."

Do you see an actual error?

If there is an error, can you upload the information from the deployment window?

If there is no actual error message, sometimes, deployment in Windows machines is quite slow; can you tell us how much time have you waited for the project to deploy?

Have you tried to deploy the dll from the simple model from the tutorial or just yours? If it does, can you upload the dll?

I think we are getting closer!

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(4,734 Views)

Yes, I'm able to build the .dll now. 

Here's the error:

"Start Date: 6/29/2016 11:12 AM
• Loading System Definition file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2015\Projects\Chopper\Chopper.nivssdf
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Shutting down VeriStand PC Engines...
• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -307853 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand: The VeriStand Gateway was unable to establish a connection with the target. Confirm that the target is running and that the VeriStand Engine successfully has started. If you still cannot connect to the target, use MAX to reinstall the NI VeriStand Run-Time Engine to the target.
=========================
NI VeriStand: Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: Error 63 occurred at TCP Open Connection in Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Serial port receive buffer overflow.
=========================
LabVIEW: The network connection was refused by the server.
Target: localhost

• Unloading System Definition file..."

Most of the time, the project takes 15 mins and still hasn't deployed. I think I've gotten it to deploy just twice within 5 mins. 

I'm using the dll from my project. 

Thank you!  And yes... the end might be near. ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(4,731 Views)

If my LABView code has a timed loop in it, would that cause this error? 

I included my LABView VI that I'm wanting to use. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(4,719 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author oreo22

I fixed the problem.

I removed my timed loop in my LABView code. I think the fact the loop couldn't be stopped made the deployment go on forever...? I'm guessing...

Also, in my Simulink model, instead of using these nifty NIVeristand blocks

matlab_io.PNG 

I used the Simulink input/output blocks

matlab_io.PNG

And the project deployed, ran, and worked! 

Thanks for all the help Cavarval!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(4,699 Views)

Hey,

Way to go!! Glad you got it!

The VeriStand blocks should work though, but if the native blocks from The MathWorks, Inc. Simulink® will work fine, just leave them be. In fact, I believe those are the ones being used in the tutorial.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(4,689 Views)

I am having a similar problem with deploying any VS project now. I have VeriStand 2017 & 2015 installed on my PC (Windows 7 32-bit), and I have used it successfully many times before with cRIO and Windows targets

Starting a couple of days ago, I have been unable to deploy any project, even an empty project (on my Windows localhost). I don't think I installed anything new on my PC in the past few weeks that could have corrupted something. VS was working fine until last month, but now it is failing deployment at the step "Starting Deployment Group 1...". Please see error message in the enclosed files.

This morning, I did a repair installation of VS 2017 in the hope of fixing this, but it has not helped. Tried both VS 2017 and VS 2015 but the error remains.

Any tips for a quick fix is appreciated...otherwise I am thinking of uninstalling all NI software and re-installing them...(I have a lot of NI software installed so this could be an all day process).

Thanks

Raghman

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(3,598 Views)

Hello,

Does the project expects a trigger of some sort to begin operation? If so, and according to the message in the screenshots, it is possible it is not being received. If that is the case, the behavior would be exactly what you are seeing because even the workspace won't load until the trigger is received. Are you using any triggers?

Does the same thing happen with an empty project or an example? You can try the engine demo located by default in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2017\Examples\Stimulus Profile.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(3,586 Views)

Camilo

Thanks for your reply. I am not using any triggers. Actually the project I was trying to deploy is empty. It has no hardware defined at all in the SDF. So it is baffling to me why an empty project would not deploy. (It deployed ok on another PC).

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(3,583 Views)

1. The message seems to be a gateway timeout. Can you save the complete log and upload it so I can verify this?

2. Can you right-click the project in the Project Explorer window, select properties, select VeriStand Gateway and check the settings there? Is it set to a specific timeout or to wait indefinitely?

3. How much time passes before the error comes out? If the setting in 2 is a specific timeout, does increasing / decreasing the timeout change the behavior?

I suspect increasing the gateway timeout could solve the issue, the question here is what changed and why is the gateway taking longer to deploy (assuming increasing the timeout actually removes the error). Can you check the previous steps and let us know what happens?

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(3,565 Views)

Hi Camilo,

Yes that worked!

I checked the properties like you said, and it was set to 120000 ms (2 min). I then increased it to 600000 ms and deployed it. It deployed after a few minutes (around 3 min).

I am not sure why the Timeout got changed. I know I did not change it since I did not even know this setting existed before :-).

Thank you very much for your help!! I will watch to see if the timeout causes any more problems.

Ragman

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(3,561 Views)