From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Frequency Veristand

Hi all,

I have a problem when im trying to set my target frequency to something more than 50kHz the system fails as shown in the attached pictures.

I'm using cRIO 9068 and veristand limit the frequency of the target for 1MHz where this doesn't make scenes because cRIO-9068 can reach 667 MHz.11.PNG22.PNG33.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,291 Views)

Hi HohammadO,

I think you don't understand the concept of VeriStand engine execution in the first place.

You can check NIVS help, specifically these topics:

Understanding the VeriStand Engine

List of PCL Execution Steps

It's true your cRIO has a CPU that runs at 667 MHz, but this doesn't imply you would be able to execute anything else then a single logical operation on such a rate. NIVS engine is a real-time application which runs as a process on the NI Linux RT.

Typical PCL execution rates for the cRIO-9068 are usually in the range 1 Hz - 10kHz. That's what you need to count on. If you need to execute some parts of your system faster, you can move it on FPGA which can exchange data with the NIVS engine via FIFOs.

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 2
(2,273 Views)