VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for future Simulink Versions & Compilers

Hello,

with the MatLab/Simulink 2017b release, the Mathworks has dropped support for the Windows SDK 7.1 compiler (aka Visual C++ 2010).

Since PXI realtime targets don't support compilers newer than Visual C++ 2010, I'm curious to know how NI is going to react to this.

I don't think that not supporting Simulink 2017b and later with VeriStand is a viable option. The two options I see are: Switch PXI systems to realtime Linux or add support for newer VC++ runtime libraries to Phar Lap. Does someone have any insight on what's going to happen?

I'm really interested in this topic because we do lots of development with C++ and I would be really happy if the PXI systems would finally support a C++ 11 compatible compiler.

PS: I know that VeriStand 2017 only supports Simulink 2016b, this topic is about what's going to happen in the future (VeriStand 2018 or 2019).

Regards

Dirk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,944 Views)

Hello Drik,

Thanks for your post, it is always useful for us to understand what our customer want and need to be successful, so we appreciate you posting. 

As I am Application Engineer at NI, I don't have information around what future products will look like, but I can reassure you that we are committed to enabling our customers to be successful. 

You can expect to see news and updates shortly! 

Kind regards,

Ashley Nunn

Ashley Nunn | MEng (Hons) | CLA | CTD
Senior Technical Support Engineer, NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,896 Views)

Hello, 

I am also interested in this topic and it's been almost a year from the last post. 

Is NIVeristand Model Generator going to be compatible with Matlab 2017b at some point???

Regards, 

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,541 Views)

Hi Javier,

Thanks for following up. It's helpful to know that there is interest in support for 2017b with the Model Framework. We are currently investigating the addition of support for 2017b. While a firm timeline for this has not yet emerged, we hope to have this feature ready for the release of VeriStand 2018 SP1. When SP1 releases, be sure to review What's New in VeriStand or the NI VeriStand Version Compatibility page to see if this support has indeed been added. 

Message 4 of 4
(2,530 Views)