VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Point AND Waveform at a time / Multiple waveform tasks concerning one cannel

Hello,

i want to configure some cannels as analog input (waveform) and some as analog input(single point). Is this possible?

Is there any possibility to acquire data of one channel using two different Waveform Tasks? (for example one with trigger and one without)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,265 Views)

You can configure channels to be acquired either in HWTSP or as a waveform. You would need to build your own custom functionality to extract and expose (as NIVS channels) single point values from the wfm. The same stands for the custom trigger condition.

I would start with Waveform-Processing-Custom-Device

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 6
(1,252 Views)

Thank you for your reply!
That could be an idea, perfect.
Does this custom device work for you?

While building it, i receive an error message "1003". Is there a problem in a VI or is there a SubVI that cannot be found?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,224 Views)

maybe you haven't installed all the CD's software dependencies listed in the readme file?

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,218 Views)

I only installed VeriStand 2018 and LabVIEW 2018. Now i installed the Software Circular Buffer Reference Library. For the VeriStand Development Tool i did not find a way to install it. How could this be done?

While opening the project i recieve some information about missing independencies and then while building, as i said, there is a error message. I must say, i'm not an expert concerning custom devices. Is it possible for me at all, to install this custom device?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,209 Views)

Well, I believe that source for the dev tools it's obsolete as it is now maintained by NI R&D team. Maybe yo should try this version. I also recommend you to start self-studying little bit more around the NIVS Custom Devices topic as the plugin framework is not as simple as rookies might think. Also, I doubt people on this forum will support you every time you stuck on your way down the road, therefore you should save your bullets for some real challenges.

Try to go thru the following resources:

any maybe do the reverse-engineering of the source codes of an existing Custom Devices available at:

Good luck!

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,201 Views)