VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Error Generating model

Hi all,

Just would like to ask for assistance regarding this matter. I checked the internet if there are similar issues but so far I haven't seen anything like this as of the moment.

I'm currently using NI Veristand 2016 and Matlab R2012b. I installed all the programs needed for generating models and I was able to successfully create models when NI_Veristand.tlc was used. However, when the 32-bit ARM or 64-bit linux was used, the error is as follows. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the Eclipse tool-chain. However, there was no luck.

D:\Git\ewd-hil-model-library\veristand_output-folder\model_Relay_Generic_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\toolchain\Linux_64_GNU_Setup.bat && cs-make -f model_Relay_Generic.mk GENERATE_REPORT=0 NIDEBUG=0 NIOPT="Default" OPTS=""
Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools.
/usr/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `if not exist "C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.7.2\R2012b\RELEASE"\ (mkdir "C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.7.2\R2012b\RELEASE")'
cs-make: *** [create_lib_dir] Error 1
### Aborted due to an error in the build procedure for model: model_Relay_Generic

Greatly appreciate your help on this matter! 🙂 

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,187 Views)

What version of the toolchains did you install? You'll want to confirm that you used this version

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,140 Views)

I am observing the same issue today and hope to have it resolved ASAP.

I use Veristand 2020 R5, Matlab 2019b. I followed these instructions for dependency. It says create_lib_dir error, so I tried it building it by first opening Matlab as Administrator but no luck. When I tried to build for Windows it was successful but when I switched to NIVeriStand_Linux_64.tlc it errored out like below.

I followed this instruction:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/veristand/page/use-model-framework.html

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/106420-veristand-model-generation-support

Here is the error. My simulink model is super basic (like A+B=C) and I believe the code is unrelated to this error.

C:\Users\xuser\Documents\MATLAB\2019\PlusOne2_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>set MATLAB=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019b 

C:\Users\xuser\Documents\MATLAB\2019\PlusOne2_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\toolchain\Linux_64_GNU_Setup.bat   && cs-make -f PlusOne2.mk  EXT_MODE=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC=0 TMW_EXTMODE_TESTING=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC_SIZE=1000000 EXTMODE_TRANSPORT=0 MAT_FILE=1 NIDEBUG=0 NIOPT="Default" OPTS="" COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING 

Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2017 64-bit tools.

PlusOne2.mk:331: warning: overriding commands for target `rt_logging.o'

PlusOne2.mk:312: warning: ignoring old commands for target `rt_logging.o'

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `if not exist "C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.9.2\R2019b\RELEASE"\ (mkdir "C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.9.2\R2019b\RELEASE")'

cs-make: *** [create_lib_dir] Error 1

Error(s) encountered while building "PlusOne2"

SKTheLimit
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,625 Views)

Is there a chance that I get a response to this issue? 😐

SKTheLimit
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,584 Views)

I faced a similar issue, turns out I had added "C:\Program Files\Git\bin" to the "Path" environment variable on Windows PC. I think Matlab tried to use the sh.exe or bash.exe from that path instead of the default. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(659 Views)