From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Error Generating model

Hi all,

Just would like to ask for assistance regarding this matter. I checked the internet if there are similar issues but so far I haven't seen anything like this as of the moment.

I'm currently using NI Veristand 2016 and Matlab R2012b. I installed all the programs needed for generating models and I was able to successfully create models when NI_Veristand.tlc was used. However, when the 32-bit ARM or 64-bit linux was used, the error is as follows. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the Eclipse tool-chain. However, there was no luck.

D:\Git\ewd-hil-model-library\veristand_output-folder\model_Relay_Generic_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\toolchain\Linux_64_GNU_Setup.bat && cs-make -f model_Relay_Generic.mk GENERATE_REPORT=0 NIDEBUG=0 NIOPT="Default" OPTS=""
Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2014 64-bit tools.
/usr/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/usr/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `if not exist "C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.7.2\R2012b\RELEASE"\ (mkdir "C:\VeriStand\2016\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.7.2\R2012b\RELEASE")'
cs-make: *** [create_lib_dir] Error 1
### Aborted due to an error in the build procedure for model: model_Relay_Generic

Greatly appreciate your help on this matter! 🙂 

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,309 Views)

What version of the toolchains did you install? You'll want to confirm that you used this version

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,262 Views)

I am observing the same issue today and hope to have it resolved ASAP.

I use Veristand 2020 R5, Matlab 2019b. I followed these instructions for dependency. It says create_lib_dir error, so I tried it building it by first opening Matlab as Administrator but no luck. When I tried to build for Windows it was successful but when I switched to NIVeriStand_Linux_64.tlc it errored out like below.

I followed this instruction:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/veristand/page/use-model-framework.html

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/106420-veristand-model-generation-support

Here is the error. My simulink model is super basic (like A+B=C) and I believe the code is unrelated to this error.

C:\Users\xuser\Documents\MATLAB\2019\PlusOne2_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>set MATLAB=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019b 

C:\Users\xuser\Documents\MATLAB\2019\PlusOne2_niVeriStand_Linux_64_rtw>C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\toolchain\Linux_64_GNU_Setup.bat   && cs-make -f PlusOne2.mk  EXT_MODE=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC=0 TMW_EXTMODE_TESTING=0 EXTMODE_STATIC_ALLOC_SIZE=1000000 EXTMODE_TRANSPORT=0 MAT_FILE=1 NIDEBUG=0 NIOPT="Default" OPTS="" COMBINE_OUTPUT_UPDATE_FCNS=0 INCLUDE_MDL_TERMINATE_FCN=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 ISPROTECTINGMODEL=NOTPROTECTING 

Setting environment for using NI Linux Real-Time 2017 64-bit tools.

PlusOne2.mk:331: warning: overriding commands for target `rt_logging.o'

PlusOne2.mk:312: warning: ignoring old commands for target `rt_logging.o'

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `if not exist "C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.9.2\R2019b\RELEASE"\ (mkdir "C:\VeriStand\2020\ModelInterface\tmw\lib\x86_64\gcc\4.9.2\R2019b\RELEASE")'

cs-make: *** [create_lib_dir] Error 1

Error(s) encountered while building "PlusOne2"

SKTheLimit
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,747 Views)

Is there a chance that I get a response to this issue? 😐

SKTheLimit
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,706 Views)

I faced a similar issue, turns out I had added "C:\Program Files\Git\bin" to the "Path" environment variable on Windows PC. I think Matlab tried to use the sh.exe or bash.exe from that path instead of the default. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(781 Views)