From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time PC Target Not Communicating with Custom Devices and Error Code 1556 Displaying on Target On Boot Up

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Veristand target running on a Real Time OS on a PC, I am getting this error code on boot up however I have checked that we have a Veritand target on the PC and we do, reinstalled all software on the target and still get this error. Can still deploy projects to the engine and it runs along side the host with no issues, we are trying to talk to 2 cRio's using custom devices which isnt working, had the custom devices running (writing to and reading from) using a Windows version of the same project running the engine on the local host over the same network we have the RTOS target running so all should be good for networking. Would like to clear this error and see if it is whats causing the RTOS from talking to the custom devices or is it something other than that.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,214 Views)

as a side note, the custom devices, models and project are identcal on the windows local host target, just saved to run on Windows is the only difference

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,204 Views)

Also the string that is printed with the error on the RT Targets screen is 

LabVIEW (Hex 0x614) The reference is invalid.  This error might occur because the reference has ben deleted

Have been running this target over the last couple of months with no issues, reinstalled all software and engine on the target and still get the same error on boot, not too sure what reference the error is refering to 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,183 Views)

Hi ecleary,

This is an error that we have observed after formatting a controller and running the VeriStand engine. This should not impact your VeriStand application. We have Corrective Action Request (CAR) 722355 open for this exact issue.

Thanks,

Andy

PSE

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,179 Views)

Thanks Andy,

do you think this would be something as to why we can't communicate with the custom devices?  Our entire project relies on beng able to use two 9149's with an the Veristand engine 

We have hotswapped the SSD drives into two different PC's that fit the requirements for to run an ETS OS on them, I'm thinking maybe I could make a clean install on a new SSD and see if the error remains 

Also just to note the error message only appears on screen after boot, after deploying and undeploying a system def file to the target a new message appears stating 

Prior to NI-RIO 2.3, refer to Software >> NI-VISA >> VISA options under the system in Max 

we have NI-RIO 18.0 installed on the target, checking the options there is an option which allows the user to use a static RIO port, I dont think we should have to do this seeing as previously we had a 9149 running with this target writing to and reading AIO.  These are new 9149s and I'm wondering if there is a specific bit of RIO software we require to have installed on them to run with a PhaLap ETS OS, just to be safe we're downloading all software for the 9149 onto one of to see if this works  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,172 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ecleary42

OK so we have solved the PharLap RTOS running with cRio issue, even though the error message remains after boot but as long as this doesnt impead project progress then we dont mind this 

So following from what I just said about these being new 9149s and maybe didnt have a required bit of software on the cRios so to this effect I went to Max and put everything on them other than language support and lo and behold it works! So great news, problem solved 

If anyone can allude to which bit of software that it specifically was that we needed on the cRios then that would be great otherwise we will run with just installing everything in the future 

Thanks again Andy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,170 Views)

Are you using the Scan Engine EtherCAT Add-On to use the 9149s? If so, make sure that NI Industrial Communications for EtherCAT and I/O Variable Remote Configuration are installed. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,160 Views)

No just regular Ethernet, however there has been talk of maybe using EtherCAT so I will keep this in mind should we go that direction 

thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,158 Views)